Carthage offers a 38-44 credit Master of Education program with four areas of concentration, as well as licensing tracks in reading, administration, special education, English as a second language, and bilingual. Through evening studies, you can earn your M.Ed., add additional teaching licenses, or complete coursework for personal enrichment.
About the M.Ed. Program
The Master of Education program at Carthage fosters intellectual and professional learning opportunities within the context of a liberal arts education. Classes enable teachers to keep abreast of current issues relating to education such as special education, English learners, curricula, administration, and sports leadership in education. All courses meet Wisconsin teacher licensure requirements in selected areas and carry Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction program approval. For more information about the Master of Education degree and the recently revised Accelerated Certification Program, please see the Course Catalog.
Concentrations and Licensing
In addition to a 38-44 credit graduate program in education with four specialized concentrations, Carthage also offers the following education licensing:
- Reading teacher: #1316 license
- Reaching specialist: #5017 license
- Education administration: #51 principal license
- Cross-categorical special education: #801 license
- English as a second language: #1395 license
- Bilingual: #1023 license
M.Ed. Community Partnerships
Carthage offers numerous community partnerships providing tuition discounts. Current partners include:
- All Saints Catholic School
- Brighton School District
- Bristol School District #1
- Burlington Area School District
- Kansasville Grade School/Dover #1 School District
- Kenosha Unified School District
- Our Lady of Grace Academy
- Paris Consolidated School District
- Racine Lutheran High School
- Racine Unified School District
- Shoreland Lutheran High School
- Siena Catholic Schools of Racine/St. Catherine’s
- St. Joseph Catholic Academy
- The Prairie School
- 21st Century Preparatory School
Questions about these community partnerships? Don’t see your district/school listed? Contact Bill Weir, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-551-6640.
Accelerated Certification for Teachers and Master of Education (ACT/MED)
Carthage also offers an Accelerated Certification for Teachers and Master of Education program, or ACT/MED, which helps those who already hold a bachelor’s degree and want to become a licensed teacher in Wisconsin.