Skip to main content

Continuing Studies

M.Ed.: Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Master of Education program at Carthage?
Carthage offers a graduate program in education with specialized concentrations, along with education licensing in reading (Reading #1316 and #5017 licenses), education administration (#51 Principal License), cross-categorical special education (#801 license), English as a second language (#1395 license) and bilingual education (#1023 license).

When are classes offered?
In the fall and spring, classes typically meet one evening per week, from 5 to 8 p.m. In the summer, courses meet twice a week, from 8 a.m. to noon, 1 to 4 p.m., or 6 to 9 p.m.

How much does it cost?
See current tuition rates. Financial aid is available through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may file their financial aid at Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours (half time) to use FAFSA funding.

Does Carthage accept transfer credit?
Yes. Carthage will accept up to 12 credits of graduate coursework taken from other accredited colleges and universities, provided it was completed within the last five years and can be applied to the student’s concentration.

Students who have taken graduate credit at Carthage may be allowed to apply up to 12 graduate credits to their program of study.

What are the admission requirements?
Students must submit an application to the graduate program. Students must submit all official college transcripts along with a copy of their current teaching license. Two letters of recommendation are required. See Admission Requirements.

Once the graduate office has received your application, college transcripts, a copy of the teaching license, and two letters of recommendation, you will be contacted regarding your acceptance into the program.