Skip to main content

Continuing Studies

Frequently Asked Questions

The following FAQs provide additional information about the Adult Undergraduate Studies program at Carthage.

If you would like to learn more about the Office of Continuing Studies at Carthage, please visit our overview.
If you have additional questions about the AUS program, please contact an AUS representative.

What can I major/minor in?

Adult Undergraduate Studies offers the following majors and minors in the 7-Week format:


  • Accounting
  • Criminal Justice
  • Management
  • Marketing


  • Business Administration
  • Criminal Justice
  • Religion
  • Sociology

What if I want to major/minor in something else?

Students can major or minor in another area with the understanding that those classes are not guaranteed to be offered in the 7-week, evening format. Students can start their program in the 7-week format, taking general education requirements, but will have to switch to either the part-time or traditional day semester program to complete their major/minor requirements.

When do classes start?

You can begin Adult Undergraduate Studies courses any time during the year. There are seven 7-week sessions:

  • Fall I — begins in September
  • Fall II — begins in October
  • Winter — begins in January
  • Spring I — begins in February
  • Spring II — begins in April
  • Summer I — begins in June
  • Summer II — begins in July

7-week courses run consecutively throughout the year and are scheduled to start the week after the previous term ends. Read more about the 7-week format.

How much is tuition?

The 2017-2018 Adult Undergraduate Studies 7-week format tuition is $525 per credit hour. Part-time semester day program tuition is $575 per credit hour.

Is financial aid available?

Yes. About 75 percent of Continuing Studies students at Carthage receive financial aid. Adult students are eligible for federal tuition assistance through the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). The quickest way to apply is online at Adult students can talk to an Adult Undergraduate Studies representative about financial aid, or meet one-on-one with someone in Carthage’s Office of Student Financial Planning. Financial aid office staff are available to meet individually with adult students to determine each student’s eligibility and financial aid award and answer questions.

Does Carthage accept transfer credit?

Yes. First-time Carthage students must submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. The Carthage Registrar will review your transcripts and assign credit. Carthage will accept a maximum of 96 credits. Credit will not be transferred from a junior college after a student has accumulated 68 credits.

How long will it take to complete my degree?

It depends. With adequate transfer credit, you could complete your bachelor’s degree in as little as two years.

I don’t know where to start.

Start by getting your questions answered. Meet with one of our admission coordinators or attend an information session about Carthage’s Continuing Studies undergraduate programs. Every adult student is assigned a program coordinator who will answer your questions and offer support throughout your time at Carthage.