Admitted students intending to minor in dance are encouraged to audition for a Carthage Dance Minor Scholarship. Scholarship awards are $2,500-$5,000 per year and are renewable based on maintaining satisfactory academic progress and Theatre Department service work each semester.
Join our mailing list to receive more information about Carthage’s competitive scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship, please sign up for an interview. Interviews will take place on Feb. 6, 13, and 20.
How to Apply
- Complete a dance scholarship application.
- Participate in a brief scholarship audition interview on the scheduled audition date.
- Submit a resume and two letters of recommendation.
- Participate in one of the scheduled scholarship/placement auditions (see dates below).
Awards are contingent upon the applicant’s acceptance as a Carthage student and enrollment as a dance minor in the upcoming academic year. There is not an audition requirement for acceptance as a Dance Minor, though a Scholarship/Placement audition is required for scholarship consideration and for placement in technique courses.
What to Expect and How to Prepare
- Submit one Ballet and one Modern combination video sample a minimum of three days prior to your interview date. Once your interview is scheduled, you will be emailed video links to show you what is required for each dance sample and instructions for uploading your videos using the ACCLAIM video platform. This email will come from email@example.com, so please make sure to add this email address to your contacts.
- Dancers will need to wear ballet slippers, jazz slippers, and tap shoes (optional).
- Dancers should wear solid leotards or fitted T-shirts, as well as fitted dance pants, or black or pink tights that can be rolled off of the feet for the contemporary portion of the audition.
- Hair should be worn neatly out of face and eyes.
- No jewelry or baggy clothes should be worn, and please no chewing gum.
Students not participating in the audition/placement process will be placed in a Level I technique classes. Scholarship candidates will receive notification regarding scholarship status in mid- to late-March.
All Theatre Department scholarships complement most other merit-based scholarships up to full tuition value. Total Carthage scholarship awards do not exceed full tuition. Learn more about other scholarships offered by the Carthage Theatre Department.
Additional questions regarding the dance scholarship/placement auditions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-551-5859. For questions about the Dance Minor Program, please contact Stacy Pottinger at email@example.com.
*Note: If all deadlines are past, please contact Stacy Pottinger for more information.