Supplementing the chosen science major and certification in Early Adolescence to Adolescence, the broad field science minor prepares a teacher candidate to teach science in middle and high schools.
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the department chair to ensure all requirements are met.
Requirements for the Broad Field Science Minor
1. Major in biology, chemistry, or physics.
2. Complete two courses from each of the other three core areas of science (not their major field) for a total of 24 credits:
- CHM 1010 General Chemistry I
- CHM 1020 General Chemistry II
- BIO 1020 Plants and People
- BIO 1030 Conservation for Educators
- BIO 2200 Introduction to Ecology
- PHY 2100 Physics I
- PHY 2110 Physics II
- PHY 2200 General Physics I
- PHY 2210 General Physics II
Earth and Space Science
- PHY 1030 Astronomy
- ENV 1000 Introduction to Environmental Science