The Natural Science/STEM minor is open to elementary education majors (teacher candidates seeking certification in Middle Childhood Through Early Adolescence, grades 1-8).
Natural Science/STEM Minor Requirements
The STEM minor consists of 20 credits, including four foundational science courses and one focused on environmental, earth, and life science education.
- BIO 1020 Plants and People (4 credits)
- BIO 1030 Conservation for Educators (4 credits)
- ENV 1000 Introduction to Environmental Science (4 credits)
- CHM 1000 Better Living Through Chemistry (4 credits)
- CHM 1010 General Chemistry I (4 credits)
- PHY 1000 Physics for Future Presidents (4 credits)
- GEO 1600 Earth Revealed (4 credits)
- EDU 3270 Exemplary STEM Education (4 credits)
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and department chair to ensure all requirements are met.