Students who are pursuing a career in teaching English at the high school level must major in English and minor in Education. One step on the road to becoming a teacher is passing two Praxis exams. Here is some useful information and resources as you study for the Praxis II exam:
- Download a list of Praxis II tips from Carthage English Department faculty.
- Download a list of Praxis II terms from Carthage English Department faculty.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Complete information on licensure and links to study guides and other resources for Praxis I and II.
- The Educational Testing Service. This service creates the exam, and has resources for test preparation as well, including sample tests and study aids.
- Norton Anthologies. For the content exam, you should review your Norton Anthologies of American and English literature — both primary texts and historical introductions.