The Entrepreneurial Studies in the Natural Sciences program offers a minor in Entrepreneurial Studies.
The ScienceWorks program includes a one-year course sequence, normally completed during a student’s junior year, that covers all aspects of business and careers. During their senior year, students will study and develop full-scale business plans in partnership with a technology business company or organization. This mixture of courses, hands-on experience, and advanced project work gives the best training before beginning a career or graduate training.
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the program chair to ensure all requirements are met.
Minor in Entrepreneurial Studies
The program is offered as a minor, complementing majors across the Carthage curriculum. It requires 20 credits of work.
Required courses — Take all:
- ESN 3100 Elements of Technology-Based Business Careers (4 credits)
- ESN 3200 Development and Operation of Technology-Based Business (4 credits)
- ESN 4100 Technology-Based Business Project Development (4 credits)
- ESN 4300 Business Plan Development and Presentations (4 credits)
- ACC 2000 Survey of Accounting (4 credits)
- ESN 2000 Classic to Contemporary Leadership Theory (4 credits)
- ESN 3250 Commercial Technologies in Business (4 credits)
- GEO 1610 Mapping Your World: Introduction to GIS (4 credits)
- MGT 3120 Principles of Management (4 credits)
- MGT 3600 Legal Environment of Business (4 credits)
- MKT 3130 Marketing Principles (4 credits)