Carthage commits to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. If you believe you have been subject to discrimination, there are people who can help:
- Roger Moreano — Director of Equity and Inclusion
- Cicely Hunter — Assistant Director of Equity and Inclusion
- Annette Duncan — Title IX Coordinator
- Kimberlie Goldsberry — Dean of Students
- Kara Baylor — Campus Pastor
- Marianne Marshall — Director of Human Resources
- Health and Counseling Center
- Contact the Office of Public Safety
- Submit a bias incident report (Carthage log-in required)
Carthage is committed to providing a safe and positive experience for LGBTQ+ students on campus.
See a full list of LGBTQ+ resources
Resources for Sexual Assault Victims
The following resources are available for anyone who suspects that sexual violence has occurred.
Please view this list of resources.
Many Carthage faculty and staff are SafeZone trained, meaning that they received specific training and are open to talking about and being supportive of LGBTQ+ individuals and identities. These Carthage faculty and staff often display SafeZone stickers on their office windows.
Learn more about SafeZone
Single-Use Restrooms on Campus
Many residence halls on campus, as well as a few other campus buildings, have private bathroom facilities.
See a list of single-use restrooms on campus
Information for Transgender Student-Athletes
Transgender students who wish to participate in an athletic program at Carthage should familiarize themselves with the necessary paperwork for participation.
Transgender Student-Athlete Policy
Transgender Student-Athlete Form
Carthage is committed to providing a learning, living, and working environment free from gender-based discrimination and sexual violence. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
Learn more about Title IX
Contact a Title IX Coordinator
Many Carthage student groups are devoted to issues of diversity and to providing support, advocacy, and education.
See a list of student diversity groups
This glossary provides a foundation to engage in open and honest conversation and is a tool meant to build a common language of understanding.
View the glossary
Financial Aid/Scholarship Opportunities
Historically underrepresented groups of students can apply for certain academic funding opportunities.
Learn about the Wiggan-Kenniebrew Funds
Learn more about the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Leadership (DEIL) Fellows Program Scholarships
Learn more about the Black Student Union Scholarship
- ADL — Learn about hate symbols on ADL’s website
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Black Lives Matter
- Campaign Zero
- Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (Clery Center)
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Guide for Job Seekers and Workers with a Disability
- NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Spanish Center
- Women’s and Children’s Horizons (Domestic Violence)