“There Shall Be Peace”
A Festival of Readings and Carols
Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2018
• • •
Carthage College invites the community to celebrate the joy of the holiday season at the annual Carthage Christmas Festival, three performances of readings and music in the A. F. Siebert Chapel. For more than 20 years, these annual concerts have been the College’s Christmas gift to the community.
Featuring the sounds of the majestic Fritsch Memorial Organ, the Carthage Christmas Festival follows an age-old tradition of sharing the celebration of the birth of Christ through readings and music. Three identical programs are presented on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The festival includes Carthage’s annual Service of Light, when the chapel is filled with candlelight. Each evening includes performances by students in the Carthage Choir, Carthage Treble Choir, Lincoln Chamber Singers, Carthage Chorale, Wind Orchestra, and other instrumental ensembles, as well as students from the Theatre Department.
• • •
7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30, 2018 — SOLD OUT
7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018 — SOLD OUT
4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018 — SOLD OUT
Please note: Holiday Buffet tickets, which include tickets to the concert, are still available. Please see below for more information.
Information and Ticket Reservations:
The concerts are free, but tickets are required. There is a limit of 10 tickets per family. Reserve your tickets starting Oct. 1 through the Carthage Box Office in one of the following ways:
- Reserve your tickets anytime after Oct. 1 through our online box office, www.carthage.edu/tickets.
- Reserve your tickets by calling the Box Office at 262-551-6661 between noon and 5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.
- Reserve your tickets by visiting the Box Office in person between noon and 5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. The Box Office is located in the David A. Straz, Jr. Center on the north end of campus. Enter at the main doors. See campus map.
Please note: Tickets may be reserved only through the Box Office this year; they cannot be reserved through the Chapel Office or by email.
A Holiday Buffet is offered for $20 before the Friday and Saturday evening concerts, from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Reservations are required, and will be accepted beginning Oct. 1.
- Reserve your tickets for the Friday concert including the Holiday Buffet
- Reserve your tickets for the Saturday concert including the Holiday Buffet
The H. F. Johnson Gallery of Art will be open one hour before and after each concert. Learn more at www.carthage.edu/artgallery.
Can’t make it to Carthage for this year’s Christmas Festival? Please join us in spirit. Carthage will live stream all three Christmas Festival concerts through our website. Go to live.carthage.edu.