Support for Part-time Faculty
Part-time faculty are invited to participate in any programming or services sponsored by the Teaching Commons. The following resources are designed specifically for part-time faculty.
Connecting and Reconnecting Session
The Connecting and Reconnecting session for part-time faculty was initiated in 2012 upon the recommendation of several part-time faculty. The purpose of this session is to share important information about Carthage, the liberal arts tradition, and important resources for students and faculty with part-time faculty who are often on campus only in the evening or on weekends.
Those who attend will learn the following:
- What Carthage’s identity and mission as a liberal arts college mean for its faculty, staff, and students.
- How you can help a student with special learning or emotional needs get the support they need to be successful.
- How to use Schoology, our learning management system, including recently added tools.
- How to submit an early alert to the Center for Student Success if a student in your class is not being successful, or if you have other concerns.
- How your students can utilize the services of the Writing Center as a resource on all types of written assignments.
- Where to get answers to any questions you might have now or may have during the semester.
Blended Learning Workshop for Adult Undergraduate Studies Instructors
The Teaching Commons collaborates with Library and Information Services on a three-part workshop titled, “Blended Learning Workshop for AUS Instructors.” This workshop is for all part-time faculty teaching in the Adult Undergraduate Studies program and is held several times per year, based on demand. For more information contact the Teaching Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a part-time faculty member, please reach out with any questions to email@example.com.