Every Carthage student is required to submit a senior thesis or capstone project to demonstrate their mastery of their chosen area of study.
Here is a look at a few of the recent projects Carthage geospatial science majors have created for this requirement.
- Location Analytics and Intelligence Using GIS to Restructure Business Interactions
- The Iron Range: A Tale of Two Industries
- Climate Change Threatens Kenyan Tea Plantations
- Riparian Wetland Restoration Suitability Analysis for the Middle Mississippi River Floodplain, in Monroe County, Illinois
- Using MODIS Satellite Imagery to Estimate Particulate Matter (PM2.5)
- Evaluation of Land Trusts in Wisconsin
- Water Quality in the Des Plaines River Near the Pheasant Run Landfill in Bristol, Wisconsin
- Evaluation of Remotely Sensed Solar-Induced Fluorescence From OCO-2 as a Proxy for Productivity with the Forest Inventory Analysis Database
- Evaluating the Impact of a Waterfall on Upstream and Downstream Habitat Conditions and Fish Diversity
- The Impact of Land Use/Land Cover Change on Flooding in the Lower Russian River Watershed: 1992-2017