Hedberg Library Mission
To lead the Carthage community in research, discovery, and collaboration.
The mission of Hedberg Library is to engage the Carthage Community through research services, collection curation, and active learning. The library strives to provide a supportive and inclusive environment for exploration of ideas; provide equitable access to information resources that support the research pursuits and interests of the Carthage community; and educate the community to effectively identify, evaluate, and use information in ways that promote reflection, creativity, and collaboration.
Adopted in 2018.
Library and Information Services Combined Mission
Library and Information Services provides the information and technology resources and services needed by the College to help people learn and do their work successfully.
The overarching goal of LIS is to use the values, knowledge, and skills of its staff to support learning, confidence, achievement, and continued success for students and Carthage employees.
Our core responsibilities
- Deploy tools, resources, and facilities that support teaching and learning and the activities that support it
- Develop knowledge, skills, interest, and motivation, both our own and those of students, faculty and staff, to utilize information resources
- Manage data and information and facilitate its use and interpretation to provide useful knowledge
- Provide consultation, evaluation, and refinement of the processes that facilitate the College’s mission
- Continually evaluate and improve our own operations in light of external trends and institutional priorities
Adopted in 2009 and updated February, 2016.
LIS seeks to work toward the realization of the Carthage College Mission. Please read that mission statement below: