Please use the links below to submit technology requests to the Library and Information Services Department at Carthage College.
Keep in mind that all the form submissions will be sent directly to the Request Tracker help ticketing system, so expect follow-up emails from LIS staff via RT.
- When Does Your Request Not Need a Form?
- Requesting a Carthage Email Account for Group, Event, Department
- Requesting Computing and Media Equipment
- Requesting IT Projects
- Requesting Network and Application Access
- Requesting Telephone Services
- Technology Acquisition Policy
When Does Your Request Not Need a Form?
Sometimes your request may be best handled by sending an email directly to the Request Tracker help ticketing system (without having to fill out one of the forms below). The following are instances where you should email Request Tracker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your request or submit a help ticket using the Request Tracker interface.
- If you are requesting assistance from Media Services with classroom technology.
- If you are requesting changes to computer lab or classroom software.
- If you are requesting assistance with your computing device.
- If you are trying to access or request an individual installation of specific software that the campus already owns. See the Software and Web Resources webpage for a list of available software and resources that don’t require a new purchase by the College, LIS, or a specific department (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Project, SPSS, etc.).
Requesting a Carthage Email Account for Group, Event, Department
Occasionally, members of the Carthage Community need an alternate email account created for a group, event, search committee, department, etc. Many times a Google Group will work better than an email account. See this guide for more information on creating Google Groups.
* Please keep in mind that email accounts for faculty/staff/students are all created automatically once HR on-boarding and Registrar provisioning is finished.
Requesting Computing and Media Equipment
Please use this form to request computers, computing hardware, or media equipment for Carthage employee use. You may also use this form to request equipment for your specific office or department. Fill out as much of the form that is applicable and essential for the position or office that will use the equipment. Please allow 3 weeks for computer request fulfillment.
Requesting IT Projects
The project intake form is used to request new or enhanced software, reports, or webpages. Examples of current or past projects include: researching popular student housing management software, enhancing and updating online student check-in, implementing a new learning management system, and assisting the financial aid department with pulling a report to comply with state mandates. If you’re not quite sure if your request qualifies as a project you can reach out to email@example.com and IT staff will direct you.
Requesting Network and Application Access
Please use this form to request access to Carthage systems for current Carthage employees only. Requests for the following are available via this form:
- Enterprise Information Systems
- My Carthage portal
- Shared network files/drives
Only request access that is needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Please allow one week for request fulfillment.
Requesting Telephone Services
Faculty or staff that are requesting a campus telephone adds, moves, or changes may use this form to submit that change to Library and Information Services.
Technology Acquisition Policy
Access the Carthage Technology Acquisition Policy here. This link will open to the My Carthage portal where you will need to log in with your Carthage credentials.