Tools & Resources
The Aspire Center provides action-oriented career development resources that enable you to accomplish your professional goals.
Search for Jobs
Handshake: Your Career Portal
Search and apply for part-time jobs, full-time jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. Discover and register for upcoming Aspire-related events hosted on- and off-campus.
Complete your Handshake profile
Read about the Top Three Must-Haves
Make an Appointment
Navigate: Appointment Scheduler
Schedule an appointment with a career specialist through Navigate on OneLogin to develop a plan and use all of the tools below and more.
Jobscan is an online software that can help you build each component of your resume.
- Complete this form to access Jobscan for free.
- Learn the basic components of a resume in the Aspire Center resume guide.
- Look at resume examples by industries that align with your potential future job positions.
- Start with The Aspire Center cover letter guide to understand the basic components of a cover letter.
- Understand the value a cover letter brings and how to start the writing process.
- Look at cover letter examples by industries that align with your potential future job positions.
Learn and practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or graduate school.
Big Interview is an online platform that can guide you through interview preparation and mock interviews.
- Learn from experts some of the interview basics including what to expect and things to avoid during an interview.
- Complete a virtual mock interview by recording your answers to some of the most common questions.
- Understand the importance and how to write a post-interview thank-you note.
PathwayU helps you find purpose when making critical choices about education, career, and employment. Evaluate interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences in four different assessments.
Watch a tutorial
THE ASPIRE NETWORK
Connect with other Carthaginians across the globe for networking, mentorship, and professional development opportunities. Build your Carthage community through meaningful connections that will result in life-long professional relationships.
LINKEDIN FOR STUDENTS
Educate yourself on the power of LinkedIn in your professional journey by learning how to create a profile, define your brand, and connect with industry leaders across the world.
- Learn how to create a profile headline using expert tips on what to include.
- Learn how to write a profile summary to help your profile stand out.
- Read about tips for how to take and choose a profile photograph.
- Showcase some of your professional work in the featured section.
- Endorsements can add validity by backing up your work experience.
- Read some tips from experts on how to network with others on LinkedIn.