Time: 7:30pm CDT April 28
Location: Wartburg Theatre in the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Natural and Social Sciences
The Carthage Theatre Department presents the spellbinding musical “Into the Woods” April 27-May 5 in Wartburg Theatre.
“Into the Woods,” a musical written by seven-time Tony Award-winning composer Stephen Sondheim, reinvents beloved fairy tales to tell a new and captivating story. The show follows a handful of characters: The Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wants to go to the ball; Jack, who wishes he could keep his beloved pet cow, Milky White; and Little Red Riding Hood, who wants to deliver bread and sweets to her ailing grandmother. The Baker and his wife are visited by the Witch who lives next door. She reveals to them that she has placed a curse on their family, which they must reverse to have their child. Set upon their respective tasks, the characters head into the woods to achieve their goals and find their happily ever afters. Winning Tonys for Best Original Score and Best Book of a Musical, along with the Drama Desk award for Outstanding Musical, “Into the Woods” is a spellbinding story full of heart and determination that is sure to enchant audiences from overture to final curtain.
This Carthage production is directed by Prof. Neil Kristian Scharnick.
The Wartburg Theatre is located inside the David A. Straz Center for the Natural and Social Sciences.
Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 — 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 29 — 3 p.m.
Thursday, May 3, Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5 — 7:30 p.m.
Seniors (55+) $10
To purchase tickets, please visit www.carthage.edu/tickets 24/7 or call the Fine Arts Box Office 262-551-6661 Tuesday to Friday, noon to 5 p.m.
Carthage Faculty, Staff, and Student complimentary ticket(s) policy
- Carthage student and faculty/staff must present their Carthage ID cards and tickets are only available in-person at the Fine Arts Box office. For more details about complimentary tickets, please visit www.carthage.edu/box-office.
- Carthage students receive one (1) free ticket per event, not per night. If a student would like to see the event again, the student will pay at the student price.
- Carthage non-theatre Faculty/Staff receive two (2) free tickets per event, one for them and someone to join them. If a faculty/staff would like to see the event after using the two free tickets, then the ticket would be at the adult price. The event’s manager may release additional tickets if available at their discretion.
- Faculty and Students in the cast/crew for the show will receive comps per the standing departmental policy.
- Carthage students with declared majors or minors in Theatre, Music Theatre, and Dance may get a free single (1) rush tickets for themselves 10 minutes prior to curtain as long as tickets are available.