Time: March 13 - March 18
Location: Carthage College 2001 Alford Park Drive, Kenosha, WI 53140
The third annual Arts and Creativity Festival will take place Tuesday, March 13 through Sunday, March 18 on campus. The festival offers a wide variety of events and all are open to the public.
The Arts and Creativity Festival recognizes the importance of Carthage’s commitment to a liberal arts curriculum that allows students to see and experience the world around them in innovative ways. Please join us for culmination of this curriculum, as we celebrate the hard work our students have done in their exploration of art in all forms. The festival events showcase the talents of Carthage students and advocate for support of the arts to foster their growth within the greater community.
Highlights of this year’s Arts and Creativity Festival include:
- Opening reception for the annual Student Juried Art Show — 4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 15, in the Visual and Performing Arts Lab at the H. F. Johnson Center for the Fine Arts
- A special Family Fun Night “Creativity Festival,” featuring face painting, an instrument petting zoo, and other special arts activities — 6 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 16, in the Hedberg Library
- Silent Sky, directed by Prof. Herschel Kruger — 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17, in the Wartburg Theatre
- A solo piano performance by Prof. Wael Farouk, as part of the Brahms Project — 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 17, in the A. F. Siebert Chapel
- Philharmonic concert, under the direction of Prof. E. Edward Kawakami — 1 p.m., Sunday, March 18, in the A. F. Siebert Chapel
- Guest speakers, poetry readings, dance showings by students choreographers, drumming circles, caricatures, and alumni networking events
For more information, please contact Fine Arts Administrative Assistant Heidi Baehr via email or call 262-551-5859.
By: Cassidy Skorija