Time: 4:30pm CST November 23, 2020
Location: A. F. Siebert Chapel
This event has been canceled.
Join us at 4:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 23 for the Fall Choral Concert featuring performances by the Carthage Choir, Carthage Chorale, Lincoln Chamber Singers, and Carthage Treble Choir. The concert is open to Carthage students, faculty, and staff only. Tickets are required and must be obtained in advance. External patrons are welcome to join us from home through our livestream.
Originally an a cappella choir that performed sacred music, the Carthage Choir now performs repertoire in secular and sacred traditions in a variety of choral styles. Now in its 93rd year, the choir has toured both nationally and internationally, and returned from participating in the 56th Annual International Competition of Choral Singing in Spittal, Austria.
The Carthage Treble Choir, formerly the Carthage Women’s Ensemble, has developed a strong reputation throughout the region as a model for choral excellence and typically focuses its performances on pieces by women composers and writers. This choir has premiered several new works for treble choir, including Ola Gjeilo’s “I Rise!” and Joan Szymko’s “Nothing Short of Grace.”
The Carthage Chorale is a mixed ensemble that welcomes singers of a wide range of ability and experience. The chorale periodically provides music for chapel services and other College-wide events and is also active as a concert ensemble. The Carthage Chorale traditionally participates in the Christmas Festival, the Annual Weston Noble Concert, Family Weekend Worship Service, and other events.
Events are subject to change. For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Box Office at 262-551-6661 from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Stay connected by following us on Facebook and Instagram, signing up for our monthly E-Newsletter, or visiting us online at www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.
New ticket procedures for Carthage students, faculty, and staff:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carthage Fine Arts events are currently closed to external guests but many will be available for livestream viewing. We have also changed how Carthage students, faculty, and staff obtain tickets. All fall events remain free, but tickets are now required in advance.
- For the fall 2020 semester, it is encouraged to obtain your tickets online 24/7 at the private link: Tickets/FallChoral. Online ticket fees have been waived at this time.
- Tickets are also available at the Fine Arts Box Office from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, in the Straz Center.
- At events, there will be no walk-up ticket option, will call, or cash sales. Please use the online link to get tickets.
- Masks are required to enter the building. If you arrive without a mask, you can purchase one for $5 via credit card before you enter the building.
- Seating will be reserved to ensure social distancing. Seating is limited to 50 people, and seating will be in the east balcony. You will receive your seating assignment prior to your arrival. Patrons with special needs should notify the Box Office when getting tickets so the proper arrangements can be made.
- There is no intermission or late seating for this event. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your seat, and we will ask everyone to go to their seats immediately when they arrive.
- For more information on event protocols, please visit our website at www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.