Time: 8:00pm CDT May 8
Location: A. F. Siebert Chapel
Yuhan Xue ’22 will perform her junior piano recital at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 8, in A. F. Siebert Chapel. This recital is open to Carthage students, faculty, and staff only. External patrons are welcome to join us from home through our livestream.
Yuhan, a piano performance major studying under Professor Wael Farouk, will perform Peixun Chen’s transcription of the Chinese folksong “Autumn Moon Over the Calm Lake.” This folksong, written in the 1930s by Lü Wencheng, showcases the natural serenity of West Lake in Hangzhou. She will also perform Fantasie in C Major by Robert Schumann. While many editions of this piece feature an edited ending for the third movement by Clara Schumann, Yuhan will perform the original ending taken from Robert Schumann’s manuscript.
Events are subject to change. For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Box Office at 262- 551-6661 noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Stay connected by following us on Facebook and Instagram, signing up for our monthly E- Newsletter, or visiting us online at www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.
Ticket procedures for Fine Arts events
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carthage Fine Arts has changed how patrons obtain tickets. All May Term events remain free, but tickets are now required in advance.
- For May Term 2021, it is encouraged to obtain your tickets online 24/7 at the link: www.carthage.edu/tickets. Online ticket fees have been waived for May Term 2021.
- Tickets are also available at the Fine Arts Box Office from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, in the Straz Center.
- At events, there will be no walk-up ticket option, will call, or cash sales. Please use the online link to get tickets.
- Masks are required to enter the building. If you arrive without a mask, you can purchase one before entering the building for $5 via credit card.
- Seating will be reserved to ensure social distancing. Seating is limited. Patrons with special needs should notify the Box Office when getting tickets so the proper arrangements can be made.
- There is no intermission or late seating for this event. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your seat, and we will ask everyone to go to their seats immediately when they arrive.
- For more information on event protocols, please visit www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.