Environmental Services Technician
Carthage College invites ongoing applications for the Environmental Services Technician position. Under the direction of the Manager of Environmental Services and the Environmental Services Technician Team Leader, the EVS Technician is responsible for maintaining the College and ancillary buildings in a sanitary, attractive, and safe environment.
The work area may include offices, hallways, classrooms, laboratories, stairs, stairwells, elevators, floors, locker rooms, athletic facilities, walls, and restroom facilities. The EVS Technician uses wet mops, dust mops, cleaning cloths, buckets, dusters, vacuums, hand trucks, buffers, burnishers, extractors, automatic power scrubbers, desk and refrigerator dollies, and related, approved cleaning chemicals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs multiple cleaning procedures on a daily basis for assigned work area including trash removal, dusting, disinfecting, dry mopping, bathroom cleaning, and wet mopping according to sanitation guidelines.
- Removes, transports, and disposes of trash and infectious waste on a daily basis.
- Refills and replenishes soap, toilet paper, and paper towels as needed.
- Completes window, wall, and window blind cleaning on a regular basis.
- Stocks supply cart with approved supplies for work areas.
- Maintains equipment in clean, safe, and orderly condition. Reports any broken, missing and/or faulty equipment or materials to Manager or Team Leader.
- Occasionally moves furniture to clean and replaces in the proper location.
- Occasionally assists with buildings and grounds maintenance projects.
- Occasionally assists with furniture movement for special events.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and participates in departmental in-service and training programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains good communication and establishes and maintains positive working relationships with employees, students, and the public.
- Works occasional weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Licensure
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience working in a similar position required.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service and teamwork.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to share knowledge with and train student workers or train co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
This application is ongoing, and qualified applicants will be contacted when a position becomes available. Please submit all materials through the “Resume Upload” section of the link below:
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.