Looking to secure on-campus employment? Check out these tips.
Are you still looking for a job on campus? If so, check out Carthage Career Connection. New positions are continually posted.
Are you struggling to land that perfect job? Make an appointment in Career Services to have your resume reviewed or to practice interviewing.
Utilize these job hunting tips:
- Set up your Carthage Career Connection account
- Begin searching for jobs on the Carthage Career Connection dashboard. (This is the first page you see after clicking the link.)
- Select ‘My Jobs’. This will bring you to the search screen
- On the search screen, enter the following search parameters to look for jobs: Company - Carthage, Job Type - Work Study (Both federal work study and campus employment positions will be included within this type.)
- Your supervisor will provide you with a student employment contract or print one from the Campus Employment website
- Once your student employment contract is complete, (including your new employer completing the second page) turn in the contract and required forms (also on the Campus Employment website) in the Business Services Office.
- Once you have been entered into the payroll system, (usually 3-5 business days after your completed paperwork has been received) your supervisor will discuss your start date.