Audition Sunday for Spring student dance concert
The Theatre Department will hold an open audition for its Spring student dance concert “Away From The Mirror” from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 10 in The N. E. Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center room 2235. The program will feature a variety of styles including contemporary, tap, hip-hop, and jazz works created by Carthage’s own emerging choreographers.
If you are interested, please complete the Audition Intent Form.
Dancers will not need to prepare audition material ahead of time, but should bring calendars and various shoes, including tap shoes, ballet and/or jazz slippers, and paws, if preferred, for modern and contemporary work. Pointe and ballroom shoes will not be needed. Dancers should arrive early to warm up, stretch, and complete an audition form.
Weekly rehearsals will begin the first week of spring semester (possibly J-Term, depending on availability). Performers should expect to rehearse approximately two hours per work each week. You may indicate the number of dances you are able to commit to (no more than three per dancer) while at the audition.
In addition to weekly rehearsals, all performers are expected to attend the following:
- Sunday, Feb. 18 — 12-2 p.m. — Feedback Showing #1
- Sunday, March 18 —12-2 p.m. — Feedback Showing #2 & Adjudication (open to public as informal showing)
- Saturday, March 25 — 12 - 2 p.m. — Feedback Showing #3
Theatre Rehearsals and Performances
- Monday, April 2 -Wednesday, April 4 — Spacing Rehearsals
- Thursday, April 5 — Technical Rehearsal in evening
- Friday, April 6 — Technical/Dress Rehearsal in evening
- Saturday, April 7 at 7:30 p.m. — Performance and Post-Performance Talk-back
- Sunday, April 8 at 3 p.m. — Performance and Post-Performance Strike
For additional information about the audition, please contact Artistic Director Kristina Saldarelli.
All interested dancers and performers are welcome!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: