It’s cold and flu season! Use these tips to keep you healthy!
Stay healthy this flu season with these tips from the Health and Counseling Center:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer especially after using the toilet, coughing or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact such as kissing, hugging, or sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick.
- Use your own drinking cups and straws.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your upper shirt sleeve, not your hands.
- If you use a tissue, throw it away after one use.
- Clean commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, refrigerator handles, phones, and faucets.
- Eat nutritious meals, get plenty of rest, and do not smoke.
- If you’re sick, get rest, drink plenty of liquids, and avoid using alcohol and tobacco.
- Kleenex and hand sanitizer are available for students in the Health and Counseling Center.