Chinese New Year festivities continue TODAY!
Celebrate the Year of the Dog through Feb. 16! Our Chinese New Year festivities will take place all week. You can attend a cultural forum and our New Year’s Eve party, participate in the Chinese New Year Tradition Poll, and visit the New Year’s exhibitions! This week of events is sponsored by the Modern Languages Department, Chinese Club, and supported by the Caf and Hedberg Library.
Chinese New Year Festivities include:
- Monday, Feb. 12: Professor Wenjie Sun presents on Chinese cuisine “One name, many flavors”
- Tuesday, Feb. 13: Professor Stephen Udry presents “Mahjong Madness”
- Wednesday, Feb. 14: Professor Mimi Yang presents “The Beauty of Calligraphy”
- Thursday, Feb. 15: Professor Dan Choffnes presents “The Tea Cultures of China”
- Friday, Feb. 16: New Year’s Eve Celebration Party
Week long activities
- Participate in the Chinese New Year Tradition Poll! Let us know what Chinese New Year activities you’d like to do! Write ideas on the writing board in Hedberg Library (near the printer and computer area).
- Visit New Year’s exhibitions! Come see all the arts, trinkets, and novelties we gathered for Chinese New Year in the cases at Hedberg Library’s entrance!
- Additionally, in honor of Chinese New Year, the Caf will feature four authentic, homestyle Chinese dishes during lunch through Thursday, Feb. 15!