HVAC Assistant Manager, First shift
The Maintenance Department at Carthage College seeks a HVAC Assistant Manager. Under the direction of the Physical Plant Superintendent, the HVAC Assistant Manager is responsible for the daily inspection, preventative maintenance and service of the campus systems. The HVAC Assistant Manager assists in preparing the annual department budget and assists in project management, as required by the Physical Plant Superintendent.
- Inspect, operate, and maintain a variety of air conditioning units, chillers, air handlers, pneumatic and DDS control systems, boilers, furnaces, and fin coil units.
- Read thermometers, gauges, digital controls, laptop computers, and records readings.
- Test systems operations and efficiency with instruments — make adjustments and repairs as required
- Perform and track all campus systems preventative maintenance requirements, including: filters, lubrications, calibration, and vendor-required services.
- Lead and mentor other HVAC Technicians
Minimum education and experience
- Minimum technical/trade school graduation or equivalent apprenticeship required
- Minimum 10 years of experience at the journey level required, including three to five years at a supervisory level
- Ability to work within the overall organization of the physical plant, work collaboratively with skilled and unskilled personnel, and represent the College favorably to the public
- Must possess and maintain refrigerant recycling certification
- Must possess and maintain required licensing to work in HVAC and boiler repairs in the state of Wisconsin as a technician and as a small boiler operator
- Must possess and maintain valid Wisconsin driver’s license
How to apply
In a single PDF file, please submit your resume and a letter of interest listing certifications, salary history, and references in the ‘Resume Upload’ section of the application. If you have any questions, please email the Human Resources Department.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability or status as an individual with a disability.