Athletic Facility Maintenance Specialist
Applications are no longer being accepted for this position. For current opportunities, please visit www.carthage.edu/careers
* * *
The Maintenance Department at Carthage College seeks an Athletic Facility Maintenance Specialist. Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Athletic Facility Maintenance Specialist is responsible for maintaining all indoor and outside athletic facilities in collaboration with other Maintenance Technicians.
- Regularly maintain grounds around sports facilities, including cutting/trimming grass and landscaping, snow removal, litter clean-up, and de-icing when needed
- Complete general maintenance functions for all athletic facilities, including changing light bulbs
- Conduct daily tests of pool and spa to ensure proper working order and proper chemical/sanitation levels
- Maintain wind screens installed at sports facilities
- In a timely matter, set up all practices and games for 22 different indoor and outdoor sports
- Sweep and groom both sports turf fields
- Apply lines to practice fields, when necessary
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of similar experience
- Pool/Spa operator certification
- Excellent oral communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, and faculty members
- The ability to use a personal computer, web browser, and Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to use a variety of basic hand tools, such as: hammers, screwdrivers, and electric drills
- The ability to use lawn maintenance equipment and gators
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment, such as: a telephone and computer keyboard
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations for pool chemical maintenance
- The ability to travel infrequently (annually) to conduct College business
How to apply
In a single PDF file, please submit your resume and a letter of interest listing certifications, salary history, and references in the ‘Resume Upload’ section of the application.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.