Carthage announces important dates for Commencement 2020
Carthage will celebrate the Commencement of the Carthage Class of 2020 on Saturday, May 23, 2020. Festivities will begin on Thursday, May 21.
Here is a look at the Commencement Weekend schedule.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
- 3:30 p.m. — Commencement rehearsal for all graduates
- 4:30 p.m. — New Alumni Convocation for all graduates, faculty, and staff
- 5:15 p.m. — Formal Reception for all graduates, faculty, and staff
- 6:15 p.m. — Senior Social Event (TBD, for graduates only)
- 6:30 p.m. — Faculty and Staff Recognition Dinner (for faculty and staff only)
Friday, May 22, 2020
- 4 p.m. — Nursing Pinning Ceremony
- 6 p.m. — Baccalaureate Interfaith Service for all graduates, families, faculty, and staff
Saturday, May 23, 2020
- 9-10:30 a.m. — Honor cord pick-up (if it applies)
- 11 a.m. — Commencement Ceremony (all graduates receive five tickets to commencement)
Please note: Carthage has traditionally held the commencement ceremony on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. This year, Commencement will be held on Saturday to give graduates and their families more time to celebrate and enjoy the holiday weekend.
All seniors will receive detailed information about Commencement — including graduation robes, ordering graduation announcements, ceremony tickets, online viewing, and more — in a graduate packet mailed in January.
All seniors who meet the criteria for graduation will receive a detailed schedule in January, along with important information about Commencement Weekend activities including graduation robes, ordering graduation announcements, ceremony tickets, and online viewing.
Seniors should indicate their intention to graduate during this coming academic year when they complete the online check-in process. Seniors should contact the Office of the Registrar if they have questions about the specific requirements for advancing their graduation candidacy.