Residence halls close Friday for winter break: request an extended stay or early arrival
The residence halls close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13 for winter break, and will reopen at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 7. J-Term classes will begin on Wednesday, Jan. 8.
Students needing to stay past 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13 (but not overnight) should work with their professional hall staff members, such as the assistant director, area coordinator, or hall director.
Students needing to stay overnight past that deadline or arrive early before J-Term should submit an extended stay request form via their Student Housing Self-Service portal.
Please follow these steps to submit an Extended Stay/Early Arrival application:
- Go to MyCarthage Portal
- Go to the “Quick Links” table on the left side of the page
- Click on the “Student Housing” link at the bottom
- Log into your Student Housing Self-Service Portal with your Carthage log in information
- At the top of the page, click on the “Applications” tab
- Click on the “Winter Break 2019 Extended Stay/Early Arrival Application”
- Fill out and submit your application online
- The Office of Residential Life will email you with an approval or denial for your application