Spring break residence closing information
The Carthage residence halls will close to all students at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 6 for spring break. The halls will reopen at noon on Sunday, March 15. All students must be out of Carthage housing at that time unless they have applied and been approved for an extended stay or early arrival by the Office of Residential Life.
Students can submit an extended stay/early arrival request form by following these steps:
- Go to MyCarthage Portal
- Go to the “Quick Links” table on the left side of the page
- Click on the “Student Housing” link at the bottom
- Log into your Student Housing Self-Service Portal with your Carthage log in information
- At the top of the page, click on the “Applications” tab
- Click on the “Spring Break 2020 Extended Stay/Early Arrival Application”
- Fill out and submit your application online
- The Office of Residential Life will email you with an approval or denial for your application
Re-entry during the break period will not be permitted. Students with extenuating circumstances or on-campus involvements that may require extended stay or early return will be required to fill out an online form. The form will be available on Monday, Feb. 10, and needs to be completed by Wednesday, Feb. 26.
Students staying for on-campus employment or extracurricular activities will require verification from their coach or supervisor in the form of an email to the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students wishing to stay on-campus for off-campus employment will not be approved for extended stay or early return. Personal requests may be accommodated but require sufficient background information to have a full understanding of the request.
Faculty and staff of students requiring extended stay or early return must provide a list of those students and an outline of their on-campus obligations to the Office of Residential Life at email@example.com by Friday, Feb. 21.
Any questions can be directed to the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.