2021 Sweden J-Term trip and scholarship information sessions TODAY and tomorrow
Learn about the 2021 Sweden J-Term trip and three new scholarships. Attend one of the following information sessions held in room 106 of the A. W. Clausen Center for World Business:
- March 2: 4:15–5 p.m.
- March 3: 11:40 a.m.–12:20 p.m.
Professor Emeritus Jan Owens has secured three half scholarships for this trip:
- The Science Scholarship Award (must be a natural science major)
- The Carthage Service Scholarship Award (must be either an RA or student ambassador)
- The General Scholarship Award (open to all)
NOTE: You can only apply for one scholarship, and the scholarships listed above are for half the price of the trip. (The full cost is $2,850, so the scholarships are for $1,425 each.) The scholarship application deadline is Monday, March 9.
Here is a brief overview of the trip:
- Visit ~10 companies in Sweden including Volvo Cars, ABB Robotics, Skapa (a large marketing agency), Remente (a small start-up software company), and more. You will also get a chance to meet with CEOs, Founders, and company Vice-Presidents.
- Spend time at the University of Goteborg, where you can meet with other Swedish students and sit in on a couple of lectures.
- Get a private tour of Goteborg.
- Go to a professional hockey game.
- Attend a gourmet cooking class (the same one the King/Queen of Sweden attended).
- Take a visit to the islands.
- Learn the game of curling.
- Go shopping at Swedish stores.
- And much more…
SPONSORING DEPARTMENT, OFFICE, OR ORGANIZATION:
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
J.J. Shields firstname.lastname@example.org