#StaySafeCarthage update: Remote Learning Classrooms
We are excited to welcome those of you returning to campus for in-person classes starting on Monday, Sept. 14. The halls have been empty since you left in March, and your presence and energy has been deeply missed. By now you have heard about all of the ways we are working together to keep our community safe as we begin to come together again. One piece of this plan is fully remote classes, which will continue to meet remotely for the duration of the semester. Hopefully you are aware of which courses on your schedule will continue in this format, but be sure to double check in the my.carthage portal to confirm the location of all of your classes. If the building and room location for your class says “Remote Course Offering,” then that class will not be meeting in person.
Most of you have a schedule with a mixture of in-person and remote courses, and some of you may have back-to-back courses with different meeting formats. Some of you may be looking for a quiet place outside of your residence hall room or off-campus housing. To help alleviate some of these concerns, we have designated several of our smaller classrooms around campus as Remote Learning Classrooms. These classrooms will have a sign on the door identifying it as a Remote Learning Classroom, and they have been reserved for many of the daily class periods for this purpose. Space in these rooms will be available on a first-come basis, and we ask that you pay attention to the stated capacity of each room. If you experience difficulties finding a space in one of these rooms during a class period, please notify the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com, and we will help you explore additional options.
Remote Learning Classrooms and available times:
- LH 202 (available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m Friday)
- LH 203 (available 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday)
- LH 301 (available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday and Friday)
- CC 105 (available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday)
- CC 117 (starting Monday, Sept. 21: available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday)
- CC 203 (available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday and Friday)
- HL 170 (available 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday)
We hope your semester is off to a great start. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.