Contribute your message to a new campus mural celebrating equity and inclusion: Submissions due Dec. 16
The deadline for submissions has been extended to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16.
The new mural will adorn the windows of Hedberg Library, sending a central message of the College’s commitment to being a living and learning environment where equity, inclusion, and anti-racism are the foundation of our campus ethos and where every person feels welcome, respected, supported, and valued.
Our goal is to create a single piece of artwork from multiple submissions so that we can show the vibrancy of our community while sparking conversation and helping to effect change on our campus and beyond.
Students, faculty, staff, and alumni are all encouraged to participate. Artwork may be submitted by individuals or by groups. Submissions by student organizations, athletic teams, academic departments, etc. are welcome.
Submissions will be evaluated by a small group of staff representing areas across campus. Finalists will be selected based on the submission’s message, strength of concept, artistic quality, and suitability to the mural’s goals and overall design. Selected pieces will receive an artist credit in the finished mural. Prizes may also be awarded.
Submit your original artwork by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16.
- All forms of two-dimensional art will be accepted, including drawings, paintings, collages, and graphic design work.
- Submissions can be in color or black and white.
- Designs should be 8x10 proportion (horizontal or vertical).
- Digital submissions should be high-resolution 300dpi and 16x20 inches or larger if possible.
- If you create a physical submission, such as a painting or collage, you may submit your piece as a photograph of the artwork. If your piece is selected for the mural, it will be professionally photographed for final production.
If you submit your artwork by email, be sure to include the names of all artists who contributed to the piece, and a short description of how the design symbolizes the Carthage community.
Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.