Explore resources for professional development and remote work during winter break
View resources on The Aspire Center website to help polish your networking and interviewing skills.
- Research podcasts/books that might be valuable to your future career or your professional development. Stitcher and Pocket Casts can be convenient tools to search keywords related to your interests.
- Learn or update your skills by utilizing free resources like LinkedIn Learning and Duolingo.
- Create a website showcasing work to future employers or create your own blog. Start with a free website such as Wordpress or Weebly.
- Publish writing through articles and letters to the editor; post to social media or your new blog.
- Privately document thoughts about your future through creating art or journaling. Consider creating an online vision board to document goals playfully.
- Join the Aspire Network to connect directly with Carthage alumni. Consider conducting an informational interview with an alum.
- Create or revise your LinkedIn profile.
- Practice public speaking skills. Toastmasters has transitioned to a virtual platform, making it more accessible during the pandemic
- Volunteer to virtually help professors with research or projects.
- Update your Handshake profile and search for jobs and internships.
- Reach out to companies and ask about micro internship/short-term project opportunities.
- Volunteer in the community, either virtually or in-person. Check out Handshake or Idealist for volunteer opportunities — search using keywords remote or virtual.
- Explore these other remote job search engines: GoingGlobal, Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter.
SPONSORING DEPARTMENT, OFFICE, OR ORGANIZATION:
The Aspire Center
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Carolyn Serdar, email@example.com