Journey to the Underworld this weekend: Get your tickets to ‘Eurydice’
Carthage Theatre invites you to attend “Eurydice,” directed by Ella Spoelstra ’21, Friday, Feb. 19 through Sunday, Feb. 21, in the Wartburg Theatre. This theatre production is open to Carthage students, faculty, and staff only. Tickets are required and must be obtained in advance. External patrons are welcome to join us from home through our livestream.
Feb. 19-20 | 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 21 | 3 p.m.
In “Eurydice,” Sarah Ruhl reimagines the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, this time through the eyes of its heroine. After dying on her wedding day, Eurydice journeys to the Underworld, where she reunites with her father and struggles to remember her life and her lost love, Orpheus. Heartbroken at the loss of his wife, Orpheus subsequently pursues Eurydice to the Underworld and bargains with The Lord of the Underworld to bring her back to the land of the living. In this story though, Sarah Ruhl proposes a more complex version of events. The traditional myth suggests that on the way out of the underworld, Orpheus looked back at Eurydice out of his own fear that she was falling behind. But, what if this was not the case? What if Eurydice’s return was not accidental, but instead by design? With contemporary characters, ingenious plot twists, and breathtaking visual effects, the play is a fresh look at a timeless love story.
Events are subject to change. For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Box Office at 262-551-6661 from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday to Friday. Stay connected by following us on Facebook and Instagram, signing up for our monthly E-Newsletter, or visiting us online at www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.
New ticket procedures for Carthage students, faculty, and staff:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Carthage Fine Arts events are currently closed to external guests. We have also changed how Carthage students, faculty, and staff obtain tickets. All spring events remain free, but tickets are now required in advance.
- For the spring 2021 semester, it is encouraged to obtain your tickets online 24/7 using your Carthage credentials: www.carthage.edu/tickets. Online ticket fees have been waived for spring 2021.
- Tickets are also available at the Fine Arts Box Office from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, in the Straz Center.
- At events, there will be no walk-up ticket option, will call, or cash sales. Please use the online link to get tickets.
- Masks are required to enter the building. If you arrive without a mask, you can purchase one before entering the building for $5 via credit card.
- Seating will be reserved to ensure social distancing. Seating is limited. Patrons with special needs should notify the Box Office when getting tickets, so the proper arrangements can be made.
- There is no intermission or late seating for this event. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your seat, and we will ask everyone to go to their seats immediately when they arrive.
- For more information on event protocols, please visit www.carthage.edu/fine-arts.
SPONSORING DEPARTMENT, OFFICE, OR ORGANIZATION: