Student Financial Services Coordinator
POSITION: Student Financial Services Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Staff / Full Time
WORK WEEK: 40 Hours Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. / Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Financial Services
The Student Financial Services Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the Office of Financial Services. The Student Financial Services Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and post billing related to tuition and fees, room and board, parking, food services, bookstore, and miscellaneous charges.
- Process and record student and non-student account receivable payments, accurately process, record and reconcile cash receipts, process credit card payments in accordance with privacy practices.
- Work with LIS to ensure student financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid representatives in providing one-stop student service regarding financial matters in the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Determine eligibility for refunds and tuition reimbursement.
- Work with 3rd party servicers as it relates to payment plans, PERKINS loans, tax documentation, and rejected transactions.
- Add/Remove account restrictions as appropriate.
- Coordinate the Unsatisfactory Balance process.
- Post Veteran grant payments.
- Assist with account adjustments for bankruptcy and other settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection agencies.
- Assist in development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service in all job functions/interactions.
- Resolve basic questions and communicate payments and check-in process completion steps to students, in person, over the phone, and email.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, and administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3-12 months in Student Services or Customer Service.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of Accounts receivable and collections processes and principles.
- Business planning - organize financial data, develop, and follow systematic approach to tracking finances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic applications.
- Ability to learn technological applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and office visitors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly quality-focused service environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional manner.
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgement.
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to Carthage College mission and goals.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and specifications of the position.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.