Academic Administrative Assistant for Nursing and Social Work Departments
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing and Social Work Department Chair, the Administrative Assistant will manage administrative projects with both departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Via the direction of the Director of Nursing and Chair of Social Work, manage the day-to-day administrative functions and tasks.
- Greets visitors and/or students, ascertains their needs, resolves problems or situations, and directs to appropriate departments or resources.
- Order office supplies for the team. Process financial transactions.
- Complete reservations for a variety of meetings. Manage all required room set-up and related items (e.g., phone call-in accommodations, completion of catering orders, etc.).
- Maintains spreadsheets of student data. Provides data management for accrediting bodies related to faculty credentialing.
- Types and proofreads confidential correspondence, memoranda, reports, minutes, etc. ensuring accuracy and completeness. Handles routine correspondence as necessary.
- Researches, gathers, and compiles data, statistics, and other information for reports and records. Drafts reports or summaries.
- Establishes, maintains and revises confidential recordkeeping and filing systems. Prepares materials for meeting and presentations. Uploads and maintains departmental databases.
- Assists with departmental budgetary matters including tracking expenses and processing check requests and reimbursements.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars. Maintains current knowledge and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Carthage College.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Carthage College through behavior and attitude.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/academics and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1 - 3 years prior higher education academic administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Experience with student records software preferred.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and outside contacts, using a high degree of judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong capability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information, maintaining credibility through business relationships.
- Ability to work basic mathematical calculations; understand and use computerized data information such as excel.
- Ability to type 60 wpm and utilize many types of software, including Google or Microsoft Office Suite.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until 11/1/2021. In one pdf document, all applicants should submit: a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter describing how their professional experience makes them qualified for this position. If candidates have experience working in higher education, we are particularly interested in how this experience prepares the candidates for this position. Women, people of color, differently-abled individuals, veterans, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.