Director - Applications
Carthage College seeks a Director - Applications to join the Library and Information Services team. This individual will lead the team responsible for the college’s cloud and on premise enterprise application technology platforms, including the design, build, and support for the Workday Student Information System. Will directly manage, and provide oversight, project coordination, and direction for the IT resources required to support the college’s enterprise application technology platforms, systems and data, and interface development.
The Director - Applications will create and manage effective processes and procedures for assessing mid and long term applications, interface, and data management needs, and identify and advance the resources and strategies needed to meet them. This includes all aspects of planning, deployment, and support. This individual must be capable of leading large-scale transformation projects and working collaboratively with all stakeholders and team members across the institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the reliable functioning of enterprise technology systems (30%).
- Collaborate with office and departmental leaders to identify, prioritize, implement, maintain and extend enterprise information management solutions (10%).
- Represent LIS to middle managers across the college and promote sustainable information technology practices (10%).
- Advocate for user-friendly experiences with technology for college constituencies (5%).
- Implement systems that help people across the college leverage information technology through self-service tools and the increasing dispersion of higher-order knowledge work (5%).
- Promote a culture within the Infrastructure and Systems group of continual learning, growing interdependence, and openness (5%).
- Coordinate the efforts of the Infrastructure and Systems group and outside service providers; find advantageous mixes of in-house and outsourced technical expertise (5%).
- Plan for future information technology needs and emerging opportunities (10%).
- Effectively manage the human resources and adhere to college HR policies (5%).
- Manage Infrastructure and Systems portion of LIS budget for effectiveness and sustainability (10%).
- Work with supervisor on continuous learning and development (5%).
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advance degree or MBA preferred.
- 4-8 Years of Management and/or Project Management experience is required.
- Experience in a higher education environment with Student Information Systems is preferred.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.