Office Manager - Facilities
- Greet and assist students, faculty, staff, visitors, and guests in person and via telephone.
- Provide administrative support to ESV, Maintenance, and Career Conference Center personnel.
- Organize and provides documents/reports in a useful manner.
- Schedule events and meetings for support groups.
- Make reservations and arrangements for campus fleet.
- Working closely with VP to monitor budgets.
- Administrator work order system including the ability to handle campus emergencies, hazardous, and potential life threatening situations.
- Monitor billing and scheduling of outside contractors and vendors.
- Review and submit invoices with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Monitor vehicle insurance rates and renewals dates.
- Schedule and administer the training program (i.e. safety driving program, chemical safety, etc.)
- Monitor vehicle license renewal.
- Order and maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- Supervise 3 student workers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a job related major preferred.
- 5 years of administrative/office work experience.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE:
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and staff; a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong organization and time managements skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with Knowledge of Workday, Astra, Safe Driver, and Pcard reconciliation.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.