Assistant Athletic Director for Finance
The Assistant Athletic Director for Finance is responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of business operations and budgeting for the athletic department which includes all income, expense, and unrestricted and restricted fundraising accounts to include endowments. The position will serve as the department lead with Workday and financial reporting. It will also serve as a liaison to the college Finance office. This position will assume a leadership role in determining policies and procedures as they relate to business operations, budgeting, camps and clinics and financial reporting. This position will also serve as an event manager for selected sports and be a part of the Athletic Leadership team.
- Assist the Director of Athletics in oversight of the department’s financial operations including budgeting, planning, monitoring, reconciling and enforcement of related policies.
- Approve and track all financial transactions within Athletics and identify and/or correct any discrepancies.
- Provide regular operating budget summaries and external revenue reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Disburse monthly budget updates to all head coaches and area heads and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the Finance office and their respective unit managers in accounting, budget management, accounts payable and external relations summaries.
- Serve as the primary partner with human resources on matters relating to part-time employees and support the personnel process for all athletic employees as required.
- Develop strategies and forecasts for future budget models, identifying items to allocate resources towards in future years.
- Lead Athletic Department implementation of Workday management system. Train new employees on Workday functions, department and college policies and procedures.
- Work with coaches and campus conference office to oversee accounting and policies for summer camps.
- Represent Athletics on selected campus committees.
- Requires additional work with athletic contests and strategic initiatives, specifically on nights and weekends.
- Other executive leadership duties assigned by Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization from accredited college or university is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience within an intercollegiate athletics department with emphasis in business operations and management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND/OR LICENSURE:
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Selected candidate will be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, conference and institutional rules and policies.
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, and collaborate frequently with a variety of college stakeholders.
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- The ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced, high pressure collegiate athletic department. Ability to travel and work beyond normal office hours and/or on weekends.
Institutional Information Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.