Announcing our new meal plans!
Dear returning Carthage students and families,
We’ve been hearing rave reviews from students about the new food options in the Campbell Student Union. We hope all students have enjoyed our visiting vendors and, of course, the Parkhurst Test Kitchen operated by our new food service partner.
Those delicious changes are just the beginning!
When you return to campus in the fall, there will be all-new offerings in the cafeteria, exciting new restaurants in the Student Union, and more robust offerings at Lentz Do Lunch. Get ready for create-your-own bowls and paninis, hand-breaded chicken and fish, fruit- and herb-infused water stations, simmering soups and sauces all made from scratch…and so much more!
Today, we’re excited to share our new meal plans. Carthage has worked closely with Parkhurst Dining to develop new meal plan options that offer flexibility, variety, and value, so you can find the perfect plan for you.
- Returning residential students can choose from four meal plans, each with a different mix of meal swipes and flexible dining dollars.
- Commuter students who want the value, comfort, and ease of on-campus dining can choose from two meal plans and purchase more meal packages throughout the year.
- Meal swipes can be used in the cafeteria for all-you-care-to-eat dining but also in the Student Union, the Red Zone, and Lentz Do Lunch.
- Unused meal swipes will roll forward until the semester ends, giving you greater flexibility and value. If you head off-campus for a meal or go home for a weekend, you will still have the opportunity to use those daily meals later in the semester.
- Flexible dining dollars — now called “Birdie Bucks” (Let’s go, Firebirds!) — can be used at any campus dining location, including Student Union restaurants, the Red Zone, Starbucks, and Einstein’s.
- Birdie Bucks won’t expire until the end of the academic year.
- Our new Premium Unlimited Plan gives residential students unlimited access to the cafeteria during operating hours. Grab a quick bite before class or practice, return for a mid-morning breakfast, stop back for lunch, refuel for afternoon studying, get dinner, then dessert, or maybe just a spa water. You choose!
- All residential meal plans include guest passes, so you can treat visiting siblings, parents, or friends.
- Need to grab a meal to go? No problem! Every meal plan comes with a “Green Box” virtual token good for a to-go container you can fill with your selections. Just return the container to refresh your token and use it again.
- During J-Term, Carthage will cover the cost of two meal swipes per day for residential students enrolled in a J-Term on-campus course.
Returning students will select their meal plan starting May 11 through the online check-in system. All students are asked to complete their online check-in, including meal plan selection, by Aug. 1.
As you can see, there’s much to look forward to this fall! We will be in touch with more information as we move forward in the transition, including construction schedules, new venues as they open, inviting you to vote on a venue in the Student Union, and also to unveil some surprises along the way.
Abigail Hanna, Ed.D.
Vice President for Administrative Planning and Innovation Chief Organizational Development Officer