The accountant is responsible for basic accounting functions, reconciling accounts and assistance with projects.
- Processing of PCards, expense reports and credit card activity.
- Cash deposits.
- Journal entries.
- Process accounts payable.
- Payroll reconciliation.
- Prepaid expense accounting.
- Other accounting tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field.
- 1 - 2 years of experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Workday experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Process accounts payable transactions, including but not limited to; assemble, review, and verify invoices and check requests, ensuring that payments are timely and accurate.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare corporate credit card activity, expense reports, and journal entries.
- Assist with streamlining the current accounts payable functions to best business practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness of current processes.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in Workday for month-end close.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and update schedules.
- Assist with preparation of audit and Form 990 schedules.
- Assist with the process of annual 1099 forms.
- Provide backup assistance to other accounting functions, as needed.
- Maintain historical accounting and finance records by filing/scanning documents.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.