“Rockets of the World” in Wisconsin
WSGC Sponsors 12 teams for Collegiate Rocket Launch
Students from all over Wisconsin gathered at Milwaukee School of Engineering to kick-off the exciting NASA funded and WSGC sponsored 2016 Collegiate Rocket Launch Competition! The Collegiate Rocket Launch is a highly regarded opportunity in which student teams are instructed to design, construct, and fly a high-power scale model of a current or retired, rocket or missile. WSGC selected twelve teams from a pool of applicants to receive $750 scholarships to support their rocket supplies and travel.
This has already been a record-breaking year for the competition as WSGC received many applicants, including several from first-time schools. In addition to the eight returning teams, four first-time schools were selected to participate! The launch competition is April 23, 2016 at Richard Bong Recreational Park in Kansasville, WI and is to be judged by industry experts. Congratulations to all the competing teams!
- Badger Ballistics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Lake Michigan Launchers, Carthage College*
- Raider Rocketry, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Red Hawk Rocketry, Ripon College
- Saturn V, University of Wisconsin-Washington County
- Warhawkateers, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater*
- Eagle 4, Marquette University
- Event Horizon, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Pioneer Rocketry, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Rockettes, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- A-Team, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh*
- Wombat Huskies, Univeristy of Wisconsin-Marathon County* and University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan
*denotes new participant in the 2016 competition
Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium will also support three teams at the Midwest High-Powered Rocket Launch in Minnesota. The teams participating in this challenge are: Pioneer Rocketry, University of Wisconsin-Platteville; Team Rocket, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and Whoosh Generator, University of Wisconsin-Madison.