Apply to be a writing/editing intern for Carthage’s Office of Marketing and Communications
Are you looking to gain real-world experience before graduating college? Become a writing/editing intern for Carthage’s Office of Marketing and Communications.
In this position, you’ll learn how to edit professionally using Carthage’s in-house editing style guide; gain experience writing for a large and diverse community; and learn how to use a website content management system.
- Write and edit student and alumni profiles for the Carthage website.
- Write and edit news articles for The Bridge.
- Edit and post events to the online calendar.
- Create content for the Carthage website to share with parents and alumni through e-newsletters.
- Experience in writing and editing.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work under a tight deadline.
- A desire to learn more about marketing and communications — especially writing and website content management.
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and some graphic design skills are a plus but not required.
Sponsoring Department, Office, or Organization:
Office of Marketing and Communications
For more information, contact:
Jackie Kenny: Jkenny1@carthage.edu