Dance auditions for ‘Away From the Mirror’ Sunday: Sign up now
The Theatre Department will hold auditions for the spring 2023 student dance concert “Away From the Mirror” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 20, in room 2235 of the N. E. Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.
Sign up to audition by midnight Saturday, Nov. 19.
The program will feature 10 original works choreographed by Carthage dance minors. All dancers, regardless of their status as a dance minor, are welcome to audition for this production!
What to expect
- Dancers will be able to learn audition material at the audition — you will not be asked to learn material ahead of time.
- The audition material will consist of movement combinations and improvisation explorations.
- If needed, dancers should bring various dance footwear, including tap shoes, ballet slippers, jazz slippers, jazz sneakers, or paws.
As dance is a higher-risk activity for spreading respiratory particles and the nature of our work does not easily maintain necessary social distancing, dancers participating in this production must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Dancers should bring one of the following forms of verification to the audition:
- Vaccination card
- Photo of vaccination card on phone
Dancers who participated in either of the 2022 dance auditions (“Away From the Mirror” or “In the Moment”) will not need to provide vaccination proof at this audition.
- Dance auditions: Sunday, Nov. 20 — 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Weekly rehearsals: Wednesday, Feb. 8-Sunday, March 26
Sunday, Feb. 19 — 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 5 — 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (adjudication)
Saturday, March 26 — 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Theatre rehearsals for spacing: TBD
- Tech/dress rehearsals: Monday, March 27-Thursday, March, 30 (evenings)
- Performances: Friday, March 31-Saturday, April 1 (followed by performance strike)
Sponsoring Department, Office, or Organization:
For more information, contact:
Stacy Pottinger: firstname.lastname@example.org