Head Women’s Basketball Coach
Carthage College, a member of the NCAA DIII and the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin, seeks its next Head Women’s Basketball Coach. The successful candidate will direct all aspects of the competitive intercollegiate Women’s Basketball program to include teaching effective strategy, technique and training, recruitment & retention of qualified student-athletes. The head coach is responsible for ensuring compliance with NCAA, Conference, and Carthage College rules and regulations. Additional responsibilities include event management within the Athletics Department. The head coach will be involved with alumni relations within the basketball program and will support fundraising efforts and special initiatives in the program or athletic department.
- Responsible for planning and conducting in-season, and where appropriate and permissible, pre-season, non-traditional and post-season team/individual practices and competitions.
- Actively develop recruitment strategies in accordance with NCAA bylaws, identify students to recruit and cultivate an expansive recruiting network. Effectively communicate with prospective student athletes by mail, phone, e-mail and social media as compliant with NCAA rules. Participate in on-campus and off-campus recruitment efforts.
- Oversee overall management of program. Establish and arrange practice and competition schedules; ensure appropriate travel arrangements have been made. Adherence to assigned program budget. Responsible for the distribution and recovery of all equipment and uniforms.
- Engage in various fundraising and related programs and activities promoting Women’s Basketball and the Athletic Department.
- Participate in public relations opportunities with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and news media.
- Create and sustain a climate of health and wellness that is inclusive of diverse students and assistant coaches; provide appropriate counsel to student-athletes regarding goals, academic success and other personal and sport related issues.
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes and ensure compliance with NCAA, College, and conference regulations; Perform assigned event management responsibilities for other athletic contests as assigned by the Director of Athletics to include, set-up, crowd control and tear down of events.
- Serve on various College-sponsored and other committees; seek out opportunities to serve on national and regional sport committees.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Required two or more years of coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred, especially at NCAA Division III institutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND/OR LICENSURE:
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both games and student-athlete recruiting.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III, Conference and Carthage College rules and regulations.
- CPR and National Strength and conditioning certification preferred.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.