Student Financial Services Accounts Receivable Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the Office of Student Financial Services. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service in all job functions/interactions.
- Coordinate semester billing process and billing communications including Nelnet eBill.
- Process and record student and remittance payments, accurately process, record and reconcile cash receipts, process credit card payments in accordance with privacy practices.
- Work with Library and Instructional Technology Services to ensure student financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Assist students with special circumstances and back balances with payment plans.
- Work with 3rd party servicers as it relates to PERKINS loans.
- Coordinate the Unsatisfactory Balance process.
- Assist unsatisfactory balance students with transcript requests.
- Collaborate with Finance and Administrative Services and 3rd party servicers to coordinate collection assignment, collections and account write off.
- Coordinate adjustments for bankruptcy and other settlements and management of accounts assigned to collection agencies.
- Stay up to date with State/Federal Collection Regulations.
- Process chargebacks.
- Process Study Abroad Invoices.
- Assist in development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3-6 months in Student Services or Customer Service.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of Accounts Receivable and collections processes and principles.
- Business planning - organize financial data, develop and follow systematic approach to tracking finances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) basic applications.
- Ability to learn technological applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with students, staff members, and office visitors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly quality-focused service environment with excellent organizational skills and a professional manner.
- Ability to take directions and use independent judgment.
- Ability to work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Commitment and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to Carthage College mission and goals.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills, and specifications of the position.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.