SUMMARY: This position is responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of electrically powered systems, and equipment including the distribution systems and equipment following accepted procedures and techniques of the electrical trades and codes.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Repairs and maintains electrical equipment, distribution system, HVAC controls, access control, cameras system wiring.
- Inspects the work site and determines material and tools requirements, and method of repair.
- Lays out work, assembles equipment, and fabricate distribution runs.
- Transport tools, material and equipment to the work site.
- Installs new work and completes small remodeling work.
- Inspects the work site and determine material, equipment and tools requirements and method to be used.
- Plans, lays out, installs and assembles materials and fixtures as required by the scope of work.
- Repairs maintains and calibrates electrically operated controls and devices, such as communication devices, fire warning and security devices, Door access controls, cameras wiring.
- The maintenance and repair motors, relays magnetic starters, transformers, etc.
- Running electrical conduit for installation of new equipment and wiring.
- Repair, maintain, altering or erecting of any wiring apparatus. Inspects and tests electrical lighting, communication and power circuits and equipment.
- Replace faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures and appliances.
- As required, estimate materials needed and record time and materials expended on each work order. Performs related duties as required as assigned.
- Knowledge of electrical principles and their application to the maintenance, repair, and installation of the electrical distribution and systems.
- Knowledge of the application and use of testing equipment utilized in checking, testing, and analyzing electrical systems such as voltmeters, voltage testers, phase and rotation testers, multimeters, etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements such as National Electrical Code, BOCA Codes and State of Wisconsin Codes.
- Requires minimum education generally equivalent to Associate Degree from a related technical college or Union program. It is desirable for the employee to be certified in Fork Lift operation (Train the Trainer). Requires minimum of 3 year of similar electrical experience.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, faculty and staff.
- Requires ability to perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- Requires the ability to use personnel computer and web browser, and network troubleshooting.
- Requires the ability to use variety of hand and power tools such as hammer, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Requires the knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone and a computer keyboard.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: Able to lift 50 lb. for short distances.
Mechanical rooms, outside in cold weather and inside in heated boiler rooms.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.