Center for Faith and Spirituality hiring faith and justice community builder
The Center for Faith and Spirituality (CFS) is hiring a second student to be part of our faith and justice community builder team.
About the position
The team is supervised by the purposeful life and leadership coordinator and work in collaboration with the campus pastor, CFS office manager, and CFS student staff to plan and carry out activities that help students explore their faith and our call to justice. This is guided by the justice efforts and initiatives of the ELCA and is accomplished through events, small groups, and activities that allow students to discuss and explore themes of justice and our responsibility as people who are called to work for justice.
The community builders will also work and partner with other CFS student staff and other organizations on campus as needed to promote events, facilitate a broader understanding of justice work, and support CFS activities.
Main responsibilities include
- Identify opportunities to educate the campus community on issues related to justice
- Plan and facilitate at least one justice-focused event per semester
- Drive social media attention to important justice events, dates, initiatives, etc.
- Help with greater CFS events: Just Lunch, attendance at other programming, Involvement Fair, etc.
- Work load of approximately 9-12 hours a month
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly with CFS professional staff supervisor
- Participate in fall CFS staff training
- Participate in staff reflection each semester
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Attend spring semester re-boot
How to apply
Sponsoring Department, Office, or Organization:
Center for Faith and Spirituality