Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator performs vital administration tasks in a highly organized and professional manner and provides an initial point of contact for the Advancement office. Must handle multiple projects simultaneously, be attentive to detail, and assist all members of the office with all current or top priority assignments. Additionally, ensure the Advancement Office maintains a roster of alumni, faculty, and staff volunteers. They will be diligent in recognizing other areas of the college in need of volunteers. Must be able to communicate effectively prior to and on the day of advancement events. Working with the executive director (ED) , this position will develop ways to motivate volunteers and track their participation.
- Ensure the Advancement Office maintains a roster of alumni, faculty, and staff volunteers.
- They will be diligent in recognizing other areas of the college in need of volunteers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively prior to and on the day of advancement events.
- Working with the ED, this position will develop ways to motivate volunteers and track their participation.
- Manage the work of front desk students to provide excellent customer service to all guests: answer the phone, process donations, complete bulk mailings, create name tags, office organization, and other duties as assigned.
- Represent Advancement at various donor and alumni gatherings to manage student workers and volunteers (e.g. Homecoming & Family Weekend, Christmas Festival, Commencement, business professional coalition, Spotlight on Sports, small donor events, and others).
- Identify and recruit suitable alumni and campus partners based on the advancement department’s needs and goals.
- In collaboration with the ED, provide orientation and training to new volunteers, ensuring they understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Supervise volunteers during their activities, offering guidance, and ensuring they have the necessary resources and support.
DIRECTELY SUPERVISES UP TO 4 FRONT DESK STUDENT WORKERS PER SEMSTER.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- One year of administrative/office work experience.
- Experience working in nonprofits preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, and faculty members.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.