Defensive Assistant Football Coach
Seeking an Offensive Assistant Football Coach; As a member of the coaching staff responsibilities include working closely with the Head Coach to develop and coach an NCAA Division III athletic team, and assist with all phases of directing and managing a successful football program.
- Design and provide instruction on individual and team skills and physical health and safety to student athletes.
- Participate in establishing goals and objectives for each season;
- Actively ensure compliance with all NCAA and Carthage College rules and regulations;
- Maintain knowledge of offensive coaching strategies and oversee all aspects of the team defense.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct pre-season, in-season and non-traditional and post-season team/individual athlete practices and competitions; experience developing and implement conditioning programs for teams and or/individuals.
- Experience recruiting athletes, scheduling and coordinating special events or athletic contest.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail are required.
- Master’s degree or progress towards and advanced degree and previous experience working in a college or university athletics department is highly desired.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage. Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.